Best led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Everyone name there fav led lights that will support ant type of coral. I think led going to take over better than T5. So go name them

I have a Maxspect Razor (160 watt) on a 40b. T'is beautiful, love it.

6' tank with 3 of the taotronics ebay lights...they grow coral great but not the nicest setup.. works for me, but along the top there are areas of shadow.. they come with a hanging kit I never put up so the lights are just sitting on the glass.. penitrates 30" down well great coral growth, even sps.. check out my build thread for pics

Ecotech Radion Pro's are pretty nice. I wouldn't spend that kind of money though. I'm a Taotronics advocate also.

Have you read up on the DSunY® Programmable Intelligent LED Lighting System Plus Moonlights for Aquarium/Reef SPS/LPS/ Soft Corals,

I wouldn't use that for a reef tank. 28 LEDs running at 50 watts. How many would you need? Maybe for a nano, but the competitors are far more advanced.

6' tank with 3 of the taotronics ebay lights...they grow coral great but not the nicest setup.. works for me, but along the top there are areas of shadow.. they come with a hanging kit I never put up so the lights are just sitting on the glass.. penitrates 30" down well great coral growth, even sps.. check out my build thread for pics

What model name are those exactly?

mr_X said:
They are the same as Taotronics. Just make sure you get a dimmable model.

Yeah I did was just wondering if I can get any type of coral with this light

How many would you need for a 48 in 75 gal. I to am in need of new lighting. I have a large cyno problem I. think its due to a color change in mh bulbs since it is not growing in areas where the light is not shining.

How many would you need for a 48 in 75 gal. I to am in need of new lighting. I have a large cyno problem I. think its due to a color change in mh bulbs since it is not growing in areas where the light is not shining.

I'd say 2

Yep, 2, and that cyanobacteria is a nutrient issue, not a lighting issue. Water changes, cutting back on feeding, and vacuuming out what you can with each change would be what I would do to combat it.
That said, I like these a lot better than halides.

Would I be able to start out with one. Or us it better to save and get both at same time. For the cyno I was told there us a product I believe its called chem clean do u reccommed that

Back
Top Bottom