Best live rock???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish man

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I'm researching what kind on live rock is the best for my 28 gallon bowfront and all the websites say they are the best. Price isn't an issue. I want the best. What kind do you recommend and where can I get it from. Thank you.

One Opinion

I would use the local fish shops instead of online. It let's you start to build a relationship and decide what store you like. If your store's are like mine you also will end up buying really nice show rocks that have soft coral and other stuff you are interested in already established. This is hard to do online from my experience. After all, someone at the online outlet is choosing for you.

Also, I tend to like more solid rocks for the base and just a few coral looking items. This makes it easier to keep your tank clean and easier to work with when the algae bloom comes along.

There isn't really a best. Porous rock in theory is best but what you have access is truly best. But +1 as mentioned above.

Thank you for the advice. It really helps. I actually work in a pet shop so I will just get it there

Back
Top Bottom