Best place to get a tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was hoping to find either a glass or acrylic 120g tank for my next tank... It has to be predrilled. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't need it just yet but possibly the beginning of 2005.

It seems from you message your looking for a store, but may I suggest that you check the classifieds and check EBay...if you notice my signature, I have 3 tanks now and I didn't spend $1 to get any of them. Yes 3 free tanks with filters and everything. A little patience and i bet you'll find exactly what you want at a good price. The retail price of a standard 120 gal tank is probably around $300

Ya but I want a drilled one which may be even harder to get... Petsmart has a 120 but it has a tempered bottom.

Hi Matt,
I agree the pre-drilled may be a bit harder to find but..it seems to me that there are always people giving up on the hobby at all levels. For me I found exactly what i was looking for..it may take a while to find exactly what your looking for, but from your post..your not in a hurry. Check out the classified on this forum (thats were my 90gal came from) and check out E-Bay under "Aquariums" theres usually about 20 pages of Aquarium auctions. Just check them out for a month or so to get a good idea what the market is like and eventually your going to find exactly what your looking for. I think its crazy to pay full retail when theres deals that will include tank and all the equipment. Sometimes you get the liverock and all the fish too!
Here's an example that isn't that far from you:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20755&item=4329440617&rd=1
One bit of advice though, try to find newer tanks and equipment i.e: 1 year old...obviously a better deal.
Oh, and hopefully you don't interpet this post as me trying to tell you what to do..I'm just trying to help..you could save hundreds if not a thousand or more

Back
Top Bottom