Best place to get live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started up my 10g sw tank! I put in dry sand so I'm going to need live rock to get it started cycling! I think! Please fill free to let me know what the best way to start cycling! This will be my first sw tank! I don't live by a place that sells sw stuff so I will have to order it off line!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Plenty of online stores sell dry/live rock. Just remember it is rocks, 10 pounds can be a hefty shipping fee. Be sure to inspect it before adding to the tank for any critters.

Caleb

Cheaper method would be to buy dry rock and start the cycle with pure ammonia or a couple of shrimp.

There are several places, like mentioned above. I personally have only ordered my rock from saltwaterfish.com and was very pleased with what I got. If not getting dry/base/macro rock, make sure to inspect it and give it a good scrub down before considering adding it to the tank to avoid any unwanted stuff (mostly mud or decaying matter) from entering the tank.

Thawed, or fresh...you need but to add an ammonia source. A rotting carcass provides this. Put it in a mesh bag so if you decide to remove it, it won't fall apart all over the tank.

Thawed, or fresh...you need but to add an ammonia source. A rotting carcass provides this. Put it in a mesh bag so if you decide to remove it, it won't fall apart all over the tank.

I'm thawing one! I don't have a mesh bag! I might just have to throw it in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom