best reading materials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Live2Reef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im looking to set up my first reef tank I have kept FW for 6 years. Im pretty set on a 125 DT with a 55 sump. Im still in the planning stages. I have read cover to cover several magazines as well as marine aquarium hand book by Martin A Moe Jr. Also just finished the marine reef aquarium by Philip Hunt. I would like to get alot more reading in before I proceed im looking for good recommendations since there are literally 100s of publications out there. The people on this forum are full of a wealth of knowledge that I am great full for. Just looking to build the library now for myself and anyone else who would like to tag along wi5h this thread

So glad you posted this thread. I am also looking for good reading material.

I found this site very helpful and if you can't find a thread and post something your self there are allot of experienced people ready to offer advice .
I will strongly stress .
Read as much as you can and take your time ,
Nothing was created over night and rushing will end up being a very expensive failure .
Good luck .

If you are planning to have corals, The Book of Coral Propagation by Anthony Calfo is a really awesome book. It does have some basic info about equipment, set ups etc but most of it is about the care of corals and also how to frag them and any disease or illness issues that you might come across

We have a pretty good articles section on the site here that is great reading.

Last edited:
I know you asked for reading material but... Bulk reef supply has good instructional videos. How to use certain test kits, what certain equipment is for and how to use them, etc

Thats for the replies ladies and gents im looking to grow the library as much as possible. Im headed out to pick up corals now.

Please keep posting any other books you have on your shelves or anything that you have heard great things about.

Anything from beginner setup to more scientific text are all appreciated

The book that changed my perspective on artificial reefs, almost 25 years ago was written by Dr. Walter Addy, The Dynamic Aquarium.

The reef aquarium, volume 3: Science, Art, and technology. The book is expensive but more than worth it.

Back
Top Bottom