Best test kits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlos69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which is the best test kit you guys use for Ca and Kh? Also which suppliments should i buy (name brand? and which online company do you recommend I order for Canada?) thanks for the tips :)

i use the API test kits for reef and saltwater, the reef kit has a nitrate tester but the maine tests are Ca KH and PO

Which is the best test kit you guys use for Ca and Kh? Also which suppliments should i buy (name brand? and which online company do you recommend I order for Canada?) thanks for the tips :)

I use API too. as far as supliments you can't beat Bulkreefsupply for quality and knoledge and price.

ELOS makes great test kits. As well as Salifert. Those are the more expensive/high end ones.

salifert are much more accurate than API. don't rely on the calcium test from API! you get what you pay for!

So you figure go with the salifert should i buy a master kit or individual? Which suppliments will i need just want to do it with one order. I want to grow xenia, torch, zoanthams, and bubble coral. Thanks mr x

salifert doesn't sell a master kit as far as i know. i would get the API kit, and the salifert CA.
use the API for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, alk, and the salifert for calcium.
you don't need any supplements for those corals. just do regular water changes and all of those corals will do great.

Hey mr x so i bought the salifert ca and mg test. Tested my water and had 330 for ca and 960 mg. Its just in the first cycle still showing ammonia 1.0, 0 nitrite ph 8.2 you think i need to add ca? Or just wait?

Back
Top Bottom