Best way to clean off coral/rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im asking this int he saltwater part but here goes.

I bought a 75 gallon tank on CL for 250 bucks, Had custom stand, coral lighting system(800+ dollar system(sticker still on i =P) Sump pump etc.

But heres the problem. Im turning it back to freshwater and the sides, bottom, Behind the overflow. everywhere is covered in Pink and white stuff, Im guessing from the coral or rocks she had in it. This tank was not cleaned at all it seems.

Now the sides of the tanks I got with a razor blade and vinger, but how can I get it off formthe overflow and pipes? there is a double wall in the overflow with maybe 1/4in gap that I can not get at all. I was thinking the carwash but I figured Id ask here 1st if there was something else I could use so Im not lugging this monster thing around town and risk breaking it.

Thanks

Kevin

The stuff on the sides and everything is coraline algae. A calcium based algae that is a sign of a healthy sw/reef setup. Sad to see it all go down like that, but glad you got a good deal. GL getting it off, besides a razorblade I'm not sure of how else to get it off.

ah ok I was wondering what it was. Learned something new today hehe.

It was dried and just crusty from the parts Ive cleaned so far(the tank sat empty for a long time hence the cheap price). The little gap in the Overflow is the hardest part so far. I cant find anything to get in there and get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom