Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

I feed them with no light on though cause I. Was told leave the light off for 4 hours. And the room kinda dark but not to dark

Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

they seem to be kinda swimming I. The middle of the tank but the power seem to look like its pushing them around alittle but scared to turn my light on cause only been in the tank for 3 hours and it kinda dark in the room beside a tv on. Was going to wait til tomorrow morrow to turn the light on to see and hope there not die cause I have no luck with any fish in this tank and getting mad.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

So both damsels die and I can't figure out y or how. I have no luck with getting fish to live in this tank. When it was a fresh water tank it was fine now its salt and they die
Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok you have some other problem that is causing the fish to die, it is not your acclimation. How are you testing? Something is not right here. Damsels should live no problem even without acclimation.

Forget about the acclimation, something else is wrong. Do you have a lid? Surface agitation? What test kit? How did you cycle the tank?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have the api master test kit. I got 30 gallons of ro water and I got 5 gallon bucket of living aquarium salt. I mixed 3 cups of salt per 5 gallon. I didn't have a lid the first time but then I made a custom lid out of plexiglass. Mean I have like white mildew like growing on my live rock. Was told its fine
Old 06-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mean me and my lfs test my water and both say its fine and can't see why fish won't live in my tank cause I don't even get a day with them
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Was almost ready to buy new live rock. Mean first time I was told maybe I have poison water. So I drain the tank all the way water tank and all in vinger. But I had save my live rock. Was told put in a big. Tube with a power head and ro water with a salinity level of 1:025. And switch from crush coral to sand
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Think thebman made rock I have could have something wrong with it cause I have 20 pounds of live rock and 6 pounds of man made rock
Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysuckle11
I have the api master test kit. I got 30 gallons of ro water and I got 5 gallon bucket of living aquarium salt. I mixed 3 cups of salt per 5 gallon. I didn't have a lid the first time but then I made a custom lid out of plexiglass. Mean I have like white mildew like growing on my live rock. Was told its fine
I bet you $100 it's the salt
You have to use marine salt not aquarium salt
Also, do you have a heater?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

If so what do I go about doing to change it out? That mean everything I have is no good? Cause I have 2 5bgallon buckets of it I got cheap cause the guy was going out of business

Tags
fish, salt, salt water, salt water tank, tan, tank, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com