Best way to remove catch a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a biocube 29. and unfortonatly before doing research i brought home a coral beauty for it. i know now it needs a way bigger tank and i think its stressed out because it has lost alot of blue color and its very light colored compared to when i got it a month or so ago. anyways it will be replaced with a royal gramma and 6 line wrasse. but theres one problem. i cant catch the sucker. any tips? traps? ive tried leaving the net in there and slowly going at it ive tried swinging the net as fast as possible. everything! hes too fast. so any tips?

considering its such I small tank im guessing theres not that much room for you to net around??

you could try 2 nets.... what you do is use one net to move the angel in the direction you want and leave the other net in the tank, and when you scare him to the other net then BAMMM!!! you caught him :)

ohhh you need one other thing for this.... patience

+1 on the 2 nets. preferably one bigger one (for defense) and a smaller more agile one (for offense) simply place the large net in one end, then use the small net to herd the fish towards the big net. usually once they get closer to the big net and see the small one behind them, they panic and swim into the big net. works everytime for me.

Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it works out for me! First I have to find him a new home!

I would have been interested in taking him off your hands but that's a long drive from Ocean City, MD. LOL

Actually, before switching to a bigger tank, I had a golden dwarf pygmy angel in my old Biocube. He wasn't stressed. My guess is something was off with the water. Also, IMHO, do not get a six line wrasse in the small of a tank.

Actually, before switching to a bigger tank, I had a golden dwarf pygmy angel in my old Biocube. He wasn't stressed. My guess is something was off with the water. Also, IMHO, do not get a six line wrasse in the small of a tank.

I always keep my water perfect.. Never any problems..knock on wood. .Lol.. But she's gone now and doing well I'm my buddies 90g. Why do you not suggest a six line?

I always keep my water perfect.. Never any problems..knock on wood. .Lol.. But she's gone now and doing well I'm my buddies 90g. Why do you not suggest a six line?

With the exception of a nutrient build up right now (film on top of water)

Back
Top Bottom