Best way to spread coralline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the best way to spread coralline algae in an aquarium

Proper and stable parameters.

As long as you have strong enough lighting and proper levels of calcium, alk, mag and also keeping them stable then coralline will grow and spread.

Anything that comes in a bottle and promises coralline is a gimmick.

You can take a rock that has it on there and scape the coralline off into the tank. I`ve heard from many that this works also.

Just be careful what you wish for. I did the rock and scrape thing and now I have that stuff EVERY WHERE!! I'm literally scraping the glass every day. I'd say let it come naturally. Don't rush it.

An when you scrape the glass it just spreads even more!!

I wanted it in the worse way and WISH I just let it take Its course naturally.

I did the scraping technique in my tank to get it going around. The craziest growth I've seen out of coraline has used Kent salt. I'd switch to it to try it out personally if I didn't have a box of salt needing to be used currently.

Imo just let it do its thing. Once it takes hold its like wild fire (atleast for me haha) and cleaning coraline is the WORST! Lol

+1 it can become real work!

Coralline can be a huge pain. I got lucky when i moved my tank and much of it died out. Before my overflow and pumps were literally choking with the stuff. Makes your equipment run less efficient.

I have been busting my ars controlling parameters and scraping coralline off rocks trying to spread and nothing seemed to happen for months. I know have lime green growing everywhere is this how coralline starts. I know most of you advised me to not grow coralline but I am sure someone told you it was a pain in the butt and you did it anyway. I have to grow it. So could anyone provide insight on my photo and not criticize me for wanting coralline in a saltwater aquarium. I will try to get a couple pics thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• image-1841469167.jpg
    image-1841469167.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3740250513.jpg
    image-3740250513.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 78
Me too! Until it gets to the sides and front of your tank lol. I'm scraping everyday.

I have the same issue, sides, front, it's a pain n I have a 150g glass tank..looks good in the back glass but that's it.

Keep scraping and check your calcium level good calcium level aids in growth. I like mine a good scraper with a handle makes for easy removal.

Back
Top Bottom