Bi-Color Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Bi-Color Blenny that has been in my tank for about five weeks now, I think. I've never seen him take food one time during feeding. He seems okay and pecks at the rock and such (my hair algae is way out of control, so there's plenty). When the algae gets under control, I'm worried he will begin to starve. Do you think he will start eating at that point?

42 hex w/ 25 pounds of rock and 50 pounds of sand

they are mainly herbivores anyway but it should have enough to eat but dont think they like hair aglae imo u need snails or a nudibranch for that control imo

My bi-color doesn't eat much either at feeding time. He does love brine shrimp though and will sometime eat a couple pellets/flakes. He mostly goes around eating algae. I've also put lettuce/seaweed in the tank and I'm pretty sure he's eaten some of that.

It took mine about 8 weeks to feed comfortably in my tank. Now he even eats nori off of my tangs feeding clip! They are so shy, I do not think it is abnormal IMO for them to be shy feeders.

Back
Top Bottom