Big ask!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, im just starting up my first saltwater tank, i have a 40G jewel vision with 40lb of live rock and 60lb live sand, at the minute i have a RW8 power head and am waiting on another from a friends 130g (which will be set to minimum as i have too much sand movement with my RW8 set on 4) also i have an aquis 750 from my old FW which has been cleaned for salt water and just has floss in at the minute to help clear the water, when i begin stocking i may add carbon and phosphate filtration. lighting is existing jewel t5s which will be changing to LED and a protein skimmer will be purchased 2 weeks prior to stocking (any product recommendations /UK stores are welcome) at the minute i have no sump and no room for one in my small cabinet and nowhere remote to keep one either but if i have to i may have to come up with something...i hope eventually to have some beginner - moderate difficulty corals and invertebrates

Now Ive been looking at fish i like and gathering as much info as possible but id be grateful if anybody could have a look at the ones ive taken a liking to, ive researched their aggression, size, tank size, reef compatibility etc, and i believe them all to be generally peacful - aggressive towards own species only and reef & invertebrate safe (the puffer is questionable but hence why i ask) but let me know if anything rings any alarm bells, this is not the list of fish i intend to add its just a short list i am trying to make shorter with your help, also advice on grouping the fish in numbers etc is welcome

Thank you in advance

leopard puffer
blenny
yellow striped cardinal
purple firefish

firefish

helfrichi firefish

pajama cardinal
sunshine chromis
blue sapphire damsel
6 line wrasse
black cap basslet

royal gramma
banggai cardinal
lemon chromis
clownfish

swissguard basslet
green/red mandarin and smaller dragonets
pygmy angel

Waitei anthias

Last edited:
Haha i thought i might have been pushing it with the mandarin and puffer but they are so cool i opted for the smallest ones in hopes that someone had some good experiences with those.. never mind. Im here to cross them off. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Preface: I am no expert and this comment is more to gather info for myself that give info to the poster.

That being said, is that list not a bit overstocked for a 40 gal tank? I have a 55 with a sailfin blenny, clown, and I figured adding two or three more fish would be fully stocked.

Lol no i did explain in the post that this isnt the stock list its just fish that appeal to me and im working out any compatibily issues i may have with them all so i can take a short list of compatible fish from them. Id have only 7 or 8 small. Fish in the tank but dont know which ones will go best. It doesn't matter now really im contemplating starting over amd gettin a bigger tank asap as the more i research the more i feel like im going into this half cocked and setting myself up for a head ache with nitrate problems etc. I think ill try and get a 4ft with sump drilled rather than messing round with hob skimmers etc and i dont fancy chucking tons of money at stocking and find i lose half of them to poor conditions

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, my fault. I didn't read your post closely enough. You were clear. I just failed reading comprehension.

Back
Top Bottom