Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2003, 03:00 AM   #1
MGS
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to MGS
Big Project / Any Tips?

Next weekend I'm transferring the contents of my 100 gallon into a new 125. Bad thing is, the 125 has to go in the same space the 100 now occupies (lack of space). Will the amount of sand I have in the 100 be enough (around 170 pounds)? I think I should use all the water and just add new to fill the tank and the 30 Gallon sump I'm making. I have 3x20 gallon Rubbermaid containers to hold the LR(around 180 Pounds). The Corals and fish are going into my 54 gallon with some of the water I pump out of the 100. I'm adding 2x3' reflectors with 2x55W PC in each.
That should make a nice B-day present. Anything I've forgotten? Any tips will be greatly appreicated.
Money? I ain't got no stinkin' money since this reef thing started! LOL

MGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Will the amount of sand I have in the 100 be enough (around 170 pounds)?
What is the footprint of the 125 in comparison to the 100? If the 125 is simply taller than the sand will be the same depth in the 125 as it is in the 100. But if the 125 is physically larger in footprint then you might want to run the calculation in our sand bed depth calculator so see what amount of sand you would need for a given depth.

It sounds like you have it planned out fairly well.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
MGS
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to MGS
Thank you. Only the height is different (for more LR) LOL
MGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
project, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com