big ticket fish or community reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audifusion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning out tank mates for my 800gallon tank.

I am undecided whether to get a big ticket fish like a shark,

Or

Do a community reef with corals and colorful fish

So, I am open to suggestions/advice

The tank is in the reception area of my physical therapy/sports injury clinic.

The lfs has a black tip reef shark In a 650 gallon, it looks really cool. But fish and coral tanks are very colorful.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-1895227289.jpg
    image-1895227289.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1679527559.jpg
    image-1679527559.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 110
Me, I'd go with a reef with lots of colorful fish. BUT if you go with something like the shark you could save big $$ as you wont need intense lighting for the corals which I'm guessing would be the biggest part of your build budget.

I think it kinda depends on your clientele as well, would they appreciate the colors of different fish or would they most amazed by huge large fish? LOL

I think for me, I would want to see a bunch of colorful fish with some really nice corals when I walked in. Physical therapy always makes me anxious when I first go, so it would be a little more relaxing to see the flow and movement.
On the other hand, a shark could be like a little mascot, I'm sure all your clients would remember it.
Just my opinion :)

Make it a reef tank I find the soft movement of things like frogspawn and ducan very soothing. The thing about having just a shark if something went wrong you would be without much in the tank.

I'd go for a reef. It's what i'd like to see if i was going to my PT. All the fish and colorful coral would soothe me a lot more than 1 shark.

Physical therapy and a shark staring at you while you wait to me would be kinda weird.LOL

A nice relaxing reef with lots of interesting corals and fish to look at would make me relaxed from the get go.

I'm for the reef as well. You have constructed an absolutely phenomenal structure to show off a beautiful sceen straight from the best that the reefs have to offer.

If you haven't seen it, check out Matt's 700 gallon natural sunlight.... in Members showcase. His fish selection to me is superb.

Holy Santa clause [mod edit]. How has nobody commented on this tank lol. That thing is amazing. Lighting a reef might be costly with a tank that size but I say go for the reef. A couple sharks would be nice if it were going in my basement, but a physical therapy office...sharks aren't usually associated with putting people at ease. Reef it and post alot more pictures lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooha! Thats amazing,go fresh water lg american cichlids,au natural,with wood and greens put peacock bass in that bad boy very beautiful and non aggressive

Back
Top Bottom