Bigger = Better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brineyone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've had my 15 gallon Fish only tank set up for over 2 years now. I have a clown fish and a blue damsel (I think). I just got a feather duster. The tank has done reasonably well. I, too have some algae problems and have just taken the plunge on a RO/DI purifier.

My question: I am thinking of getting a bigger tank. Is it easier to keep a larger tank (more stable etc.)? I don't currently have a sump/refugium, so that would be an addition. We are maybe wanting more fish, but my little tank is maxed out!!

Thoughts are helpful!!

Thanks
Gail

If you did get a larger tank, you could make your smaller tank into a sump. Just throwing that out there.
You are correct when you say larger tanks are stable. If a small error is made in a small system it can have major consequences; small errors in large systems can be contained much easier since it can't affect as much of the tank.

larger water volume = more polution distrabution, so yes a larger aquarium will be more stable. what size are you thinking of

Back
Top Bottom