bigger filter or a skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover07

Aquarium Advice Regular
As you might have seen on my other posts I'm starting a thirty gallon fowlr tank and my lfs said I don't need a bigger filter but just to get a skimmer. I don't know if this is true or not. Any help?

Many possibilities for filtration. If your not doing a sump I'd buy and aquac remora hang on Skimmer. They do really great and look good forbade Skimmer. Cost about $180 though. I have one u bought when I for my 35 gallon and now I have a 39 gallon with a sump and its still doing great! Very good reviews too. It will make your life easier.

If you're running a skimmer, you really shouldn't need any other type of filtration. Especially with live rock. Just make sure the skimmer is rated for a tank larger than yours. It never hurts to have more though. For filtration in my 90, I have 120 pounds of live rock, 2 bio-wheel 280 filters, and a Coralife 110g skimmer.

Yep that's true. That aquac remora is rated up to 55 gallons I think. It would be optimum for your tank I'd you are not running a sump. Do you have a fair amount if live rock? Also u will never have to buy filter media with the Skimmer. Just dump and rinse the collection cup. If you could afford it its well worth it IMO. Do u plan on a sump tank?

Yep that's true. That aquac remora is rated up to 55 gallons I think. It would be optimum for your tank I'd you are not running a sump. Do you have a fair amount if live rock? Also u will never have to buy filter media with the Skimmer. Just dump and rinse the collection cup. If you could afford it its well worth it IMO. Do u plan on a sump tank?

No I don't think IM going to get a sump

Just a HOB power filter? I would definitely get some live rock. Also that Skimmer if u can afford it. You wont need that filter then. Got a pic of your tank?

this is going to be set up Friday haha waiting for more money

Back
Top Bottom