Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post

No it doesn't sound fun. Even moving 5 gallon buckets isn't fun. Do they have a term for the freshwater crazed hobbyists? Like freshy junkies? Doesn't have the same ring. Sounds like freshman stoners. Oops.
Planted tank geek? lol, I dunno...

Billbug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Activist

Planters

Old 07-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbug68 View Post
Planted tank geek? lol, I dunno...
Ah not as cool

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey bill! I've been following and the tank look great, if I could afford it your tank would make me want one. As for freshwater plant people, how about "wet thumbs"? A variation of a green thumb haha
Zimmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski View Post
Hey bill! I've been following and the tank look great, if I could afford it your tank would make me want one. As for freshwater plant people, how about "wet thumbs"? A variation of a green thumb haha
Still doesn't sound cool. No matter how you look at it, the planted side will always be a little nerdy... this little tank hasn't cost me that much yet. Already had the tank and light. just purchased the powerhead, heater, rock, sand, water, and stuff for the auto top off system like a pump and float switch. Oh and the refractometer. It's gonna get expensive when I start adding live stock though. But that can always be done gradually. It's probably only cost me a couple hundred so far.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski View Post
Better, but still not there. "The ones who shall not be named" works for any group. "The planters whom shall not be named." There. Customized.

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nothing much new to report... I've been super busy with work and remodeling our bathroom, but I have received all the equipment for the ATO, just need to take some time to set it up...

I was starting to get some nice salt creep up the sides of the glass and the fixture mount. Cleaned it all up this evening, cleaned all the glass, and added the small HOB with some polyfil to catch the rest of the dust. The tank is pretty clear now, but I still get some particles that settle on the glass and heater. Hopefully the filter will catch this stuff. Well, here's some new crappy iPhone pictures from tonight... The moonlight actually looks pretty cool, and I enjoy the blue, but the iPhone can't take a decent picture of it...

Just waiting on the cycle to finish up now... Can't wait to get some life in this thing! Do you guys have any opinions on what I can grow under this 26 watt 50/50 bulb???
Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

That looks really awesome bill. What type of light fixture is that? I cant advise you on what you can grow but it does look amazing so far! Keep up the great reports!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:54 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
That looks really awesome bill. What type of light fixture is that? I cant advise you on what you can grow but it does look amazing so far! Keep up the great reports!
It's the Finnex "Epoch" clip light, it houses a 26 watt 3U type screw in bulb. Thanks for the kind words! I still have a lot to learn about saltwater...
Old 07-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbug68 View Post

It's the Finnex "Epoch" clip light, it houses a 26 watt 3U type screw in bulb. Thanks for the kind words! I still have a lot to learn about saltwater...
Well ive seen your freshwater tanks and they look awesome so you have no choice but too succeed. You've got this far already so there is no turning back. I look forward to another update

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com