Bio cube 14 anyone have experience/knowledge about it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I've had pets all my life 1 time I had a betta that lasted for 2 days and the food I also fed to a frog that I caught

TEST KIT!! :) and once you get that stuff you'll realize you'll need half a dozen other things like salt, RODI water, misc. buckets, powerhead(s) a spare heater for mixing etc..lol

TEST KIT!! :) and once you get that stuff you'll realize you'll need half a dozen other things like salt, RODI water, misc. buckets, powerhead(s) a spare heater for mixing etc..lol

What's salt? That's not needed lol. But seriously use RO/DI water from the start! It will save you tons of hassle

A lot of people on here have ordered from them. Have heard no complaints. Recommend getting on a group buy when you plan on purchasing anything as you will get items at discounted prices.

I also recommend a 100 ml pouch of purigen to put in middle compartment.

Do you have a local LFS that sells RODI water? Do you plan on mixing your own salt water? You will also want test kits so you can test your water parameters unless you have a reliable LFS testing for you.

Does petco or petsmart sell rodi water cause mabey if could buy it in like 5 or 10 gallon jugs

Does petco or petsmart sell rodi water cause mabey if could buy it in like 5 or 10 gallon jugs
They don't sell water in my city. I doubt petsmart would at all but petco might where you are at. I know petco sells ocean saltwater but it is super expensive. Ok if you are in a pinch I suppose.

Can I use sping water with insta ocean salt

Rodi is recommended if you want to avoid issues later on. You can buy a handheld TDS meter on eBay(around $15 I think) and maybe test the spring water you are talking about. You want 0 TDS(total dissolved solids) in your water before adding salt.

I would recommend testing distilled water with TDS meter as well. If it was distilled with copper equipment then it might have copper in it. Small chance but worth testing.

Can you search online to see if there are any reef/saltwater hobbyist clubs in your area? Always a good resource on where to get local supplies as well as inexpensive(sometimes free) used equipment that isn't being used anymore.

Two good sources for decent water: Glacier brand water dispensers are located in or outside most major grocery stores. It's not DI, but it is RO, carbon, and UV filtered.
Www.purewaterclub.com sells a 4-stage RO/DI unit for $60 with free shipping, and they ship fast. It's the cheapest option I've found yet.

Back
Top Bottom