Bio cube 14 anyone have experience/knowledge about it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Might get a bio cube 14 depending on if it is worth it instead of getting a ten gal. Stock ideas.
2 mated clowns and 1 fire fish
1 hammer coral
Assorted zoas
Torch coral
10 lbs of lr and 4 lbs of rubble.
Clean up crew
Lighting below

Attachments

• image-3321345662.jpg
    image-3321345662.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 90
14 gallons is too small for two clowns, unfortunately. Now, a bio cube 29 might be ok. A 14 gallon is almost a pics system, and there are few fish you could keep in it. Smaller systems tend to be more difficult because decreased volume means chemistry changes occur more rapidly.

without a doubt go biocube. not only is it a simpler buy/setup, but it looks a heck of alot cleaner and better than a traditional 10g. i also have to disagree on it being too small for clowns. there are some subspecies of clowns youd want to stay away from, but an occellaris or 2 should do fine in a 14 biocube

and why not just buy an led nano unit? mineaswell spend the money upfront and not have to replace bulbs every 10-12 months

Clowns in a 14 biocube is a matter of contention. Some say its fine, some say its bad, some say it's ok with certain provisions. I tend to err on the side of caution with my fish. This is not a slam on those who feel otherwise, but there is some incidental (not scientifically experimented) research indicating that fish can be physically damaged by too confined a space through skeletal stunting and deformation. Remember that these are animals that evolved in millions of gallons.

I would spend the extra and get a 29g , you have alot more options for livestock and if buying new, there's really not that much difference in price considering your doubling your capacity.

I would spend the extra and get a 29g , you have alot more options for livestock and if buying new, there's really not that much difference in price considering your doubling your capacity.
Wonderful advice. If you can afford the bigger one, it's well worth it!

Stock lighting in the biocube 14 is good enough for anything but most sps corals.

Stock wise the 3 fish you mentioned is too much for a 14. In most instances I would tend to agree that it is too small for clowns as well. I have 2 black ocellaris in my 14 but they just lay around in 2 RBTAs all day and night.

I'd just leave stock lighting in and stick to 2 fish. The dimensions of the biocube make it a little different for stocking options.

Oh hell. You're doing way better than I was at eleven! I think my biggest pet project at the time was wild caught garden spiders. That... did not end well...

K stock lighting so here is it all
1 bio cube
1 heater
1 hydrometer
10 lbs of dr and 4 lbs of crushed dr for the bio ball compartment
20lbs of argonite sand
Missing anything??

Back
Top Bottom