Bio-Spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I just started a 50gal tank and used bio spira,I added a few fish 2damsels and a shrimp with a feather duster.I added the bio spira yesturday (Sat) and the next morning I looked at my tank it had killed every fish (Not The Feather Duster) it was also foggy,Was it susposed to kill the fish I added? I thought the cycle was susposed to go so fast it wouldn't kill any fish. I'll check the nitrite levels to see if it had gone down.

Moved to the SW forums.

And I doubt its the BioSpira. Even if it wasn't working and hadn't cycled the tank, it takes a little while for ammonia/nitrites/nitrates to build up. What are the ammonia and nitrite levels?

way way to soon to add fish and the shrimp for sure :) patients is the best thing ya can learn from this my friend !! nothing happens fast and i will be the first to admit that its hard to have an empty tank sitting but for long term success ya need to hold back on any new purchases please :) the best way to cycle the tank is using a raw shrimp and wait for it to disappear which tanks mabe a week or so !! when thats done test your water and as long as things test ok then your safe to add a fish !! im guessing there is no live rock being used ?!? if so then wait it will cycle and imo the longer ya can hold off buying and fish the better !! mabe 4 months with just the lr will allow what ever critters on the rock to start breeding and what not !! most add fish to soon and never get to see all their rock has to offer !! just my thoughts but go slow very slow and will save you from getting aggravated and save your wallet/purse as well heheheh

Welcome to AA, I used Bio Spira for marine in my sw tank and it worked wonderfully. Did you by any chance pick up the wrong bottle?

Back
Top Bottom