bio spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
My local pet store said I shoud use Bio spira for the cycle process.

And they sell live cured fiji rock $6.75 per lbs.
but I noticed Drs Foster & smith Select Fiji Premium live rock is 45lbs for $120.00 = $2.67 per lbs

What you you do? Buy local and put straight in tank or order online.

I may be old fashioned, but I am not so sure I trust biospira just yet. Give me an old smelly shrimp any time. BTW, what part of Louisiana?

That 2.67 a lb will go up rapidly once you tack on the shipping. It`s about 60 to 70 dollars a box to ship. Plus your LFS saves you some time curing unless you want to cure during cycle. Every once in a while my job sends me down to Lafayette. Ya`ll anywhere near that.

Do not waste your hard-earned money on bio-spira. Spend it on more LR instead. Your tank will be much better served that way. The problem with bio-spira is that is does not prepare the tank for a long-term bioload. They only way to do this is to have a nice strong, long cycle.

when i had a fw tank i used bio-spira to start the cycle , it didnt work my cycle still lasted 3-4 weeks i think its a waste of money

Back
Top Bottom