Bio-Spira Marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My cycle has completed :) I added some new fish to the tank with some more LR the fish i got were: brown clownfish,firefish gobie,and a pink dotted bottom dweller gobie, they are doing great and they love the tank. :)

Please check your water parameters daily for next couple of weeks to make you don't start getting an ammonia spike. You should wait about month before any additional fish, if you add any at all.

Are you planning on adding any additional livestock to this tank?

My cycle has completed I added some new fish to the tank with some more LR the fish i got were: brown clownfish,firefish gobie,and a pink dotted bottom dweller gobie, they are doing great and they love the tank.

I am glad your tank cycled. Be sure not to add livestock to fast. Your biological filter must be given a chance to catch up. Remember, nothing happens in this hobby quickly. Rushing things is a sure way to disaster.

Im thinking about an anenome, I got about 170watts of lighting

I would strongly advise AGAINST this. Your tank is brand new and has a lot more growing pains to go through before keeping animals such as these. Typically, anemones aren't recommended for the aquarium until it is well established (i.e. 10 months to 1 year of service).

The odds of it living in your aquarium as it stands right now are slim to none... :(

Yes, and in about umm i'd say 2 weeks the lfs is gonna get a new supply of cool anenomes, they said that the anenomes should be fine in our nice lighting.

Yes, and in about umm i'd say 2 weeks the lfs is gonna get a new supply of cool anenomes, they said that the anenomes should be fine in our nice lighting.

Oh they said that, did they? And the LFS is very objective and non-biased when it comes to things like this, huh? :lol:

I hate to tell you this, but I think if you make that purchase, you are only throwing your money out the window. 170 watts of what kind of light? VHO? PC? MH would be my choice for the long term health of the animal anyway.

Watts are just a measure of power. Lumens, or Lux is what measures your light output. Watts have been used a generic term for light output, but not a true output of light. Regular VO, and VHO can all be relatively the same wattage, but definitely will output different amounts of light. Color spectrum is also a factor in the output of "visible" light.

Hey teen, do everything your LFS tells you. I mean hey theres no way there going to say no to a handful of cash. As far as im concerned and I hate to say this theres no way your tank cycled that fast, and you added way to many fish to fast, and when I read your adding an anemone I thought that was a joke. Anyway when, and if you come back to ask why all your fish died don't expect any sympathy.

Saltwaterteen, don't get discouraged. Not everyone here gives such sarcastic advice. :roll: I know it's hard to beleive but our lfs knows next to nothing compared to the combined knowledge that you will find here. Some times people may sound a little short but I'm sure nothing is meant by it. I'm like mose everyone else and hate to see something suffer unnecessarily. I don't know everything and there are a BUNCH more knowledgeable people here but fee free to ask all the questions you want. Again please understand that your lfs may know alot but to tell you something is ok just to make a sell is wrong. Hope I can be of assistance to you with my limited knowledge. :D

Im not trying to offend anyone, its just teen is ignoreing good advice, and makes me wonder why he/she even comes here.

Back
Top Bottom