Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2004, 01:56 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My cycle has completed I added some new fish to the tank with some more LR the fish i got were: brown clownfish,firefish gobie,and a pink dotted bottom dweller gobie, they are doing great and they love the tank.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Please check your water parameters daily for next couple of weeks to make you don't start getting an ammonia spike. You should wait about month before any additional fish, if you add any at all.

Are you planning on adding any additional livestock to this tank?

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im thinking about an anenome, I got about 170watts of lighting
Old 03-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
My cycle has completed I added some new fish to the tank with some more LR the fish i got were: brown clownfish,firefish gobie,and a pink dotted bottom dweller gobie, they are doing great and they love the tank.
I am glad your tank cycled. Be sure not to add livestock to fast. Your biological filter must be given a chance to catch up. Remember, nothing happens in this hobby quickly. Rushing things is a sure way to disaster.

Quote:
Im thinking about an anenome, I got about 170watts of lighting
I would strongly advise AGAINST this. Your tank is brand new and has a lot more growing pains to go through before keeping animals such as these. Typically, anemones aren't recommended for the aquarium until it is well established (i.e. 10 months to 1 year of service).

The odds of it living in your aquarium as it stands right now are slim to none...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes, and in about umm i'd say 2 weeks the lfs is gonna get a new supply of cool anenomes, they said that the anenomes should be fine in our nice lighting.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im not adding any fish until then
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yes, and in about umm i'd say 2 weeks the lfs is gonna get a new supply of cool anenomes, they said that the anenomes should be fine in our nice lighting.
Oh they said that, did they? And the LFS is very objective and non-biased when it comes to things like this, huh?

I hate to tell you this, but I think if you make that purchase, you are only throwing your money out the window. 170 watts of what kind of light? VHO? PC? MH would be my choice for the long term health of the animal anyway.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:37 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

flourescent pc
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Watts are just a measure of power. Lumens, or Lux is what measures your light output. Watts have been used a generic term for light output, but not a true output of light. Regular VO, and VHO can all be relatively the same wattage, but definitely will output different amounts of light. Color spectrum is also a factor in the output of "visible" light.
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #30

Hey teen, do everything your LFS tells you. I mean hey theres no way there going to say no to a handful of cash. As far as im concerned and I hate to say this theres no way your tank cycled that fast, and you added way to many fish to fast, and when I read your adding an anemone I thought that was a joke. Anyway when, and if you come back to ask why all your fish died don't expect any sympathy.

Tags
bio, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com