BioBalls LR Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP_ThunderGod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 Gallon Tank with about 80 lbs of LR... For the new setup I'll leave my purple tang and my naso tang in there. I'll have to remove my false clown pair and my watchman goby with the shrimp.

I have all my equipment hanging on the back ie. protien skimmer, uv, penguin 339 with biowheels in... also I have about 2 1/2 inches of medium grade substrate.

I want to change to a wet/dry sump with a skimmer built in...

should I leave the bioballs with this much live rock or will it become a nitrate factory?

I want to put bigger fish in like a harlequin tusk wrasse, porcupine puffer, trigger. So it will be a larger bioload. I'll probably have to arange the rocks against some of the sides instead of making a reef in the middle.

IMO you dotn need the bioballs with that much LR.

Putting the harlequin tusk wrasse, porcupine puffer and trigger along with the two tangs you have will vastly overcrowd the tank.

Having the bioballs in there is only a coverup for the overcrowding. Overcrowding the tank will lead to issues in the future.

Back
Top Bottom