Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Biocube 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocircus91 View Post
I don't disagree. But they take up a significantly larger footprint for someone wanting multiple fish in ten gallons of water.

No they don't, a shrimp is pretty much a shrimp. They have very little impact on bio load and either would be fine in a 10

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
No they don't, a shrimp is pretty much a shrimp. They have very little impact on bio load and either would be fine in a 10

I'm not referring to bioload. Cleaner shrimp have a tendency to jump on any fish within a foot of their area. Fish need territory.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the advice bigredsreefs10 i know last time i tried to start a tank your advice really helped and things went totally wrong when i diddint follow it things went tortaly wrong so bigredsreefs10 do you think im ready to give it another go with saltwater or should i wait longer and also thanks for the advice psychcircus10
Old 12-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Biocube 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocircus91 View Post
I'm not referring to bioload. Cleaner shrimp have a tendency to jump on any fish within a foot of their area. Fish need territory.

I'm not sure I understand your argument for peppermints over a skunk cleaner. I had a skunk in my 10 and my fish didn't care about him. Same goes for my fish in my 20. Heck if he tried to clean them they just swam away fairly quickly and didn't really care.

In not trying to start anything. Just from personal experience I'd do a skunk as I had no trouble with one in a 10. I've had peppermints and they're boring comparatively.
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
I'm not sure I understand your argument for peppermints over a skunk cleaner. I had a skunk in my 10 and my fish didn't care about him. Same goes for my fish in my 20. Heck if he tried to clean them they just swam away fairly quickly and didn't really care.

In not trying to start anything. Just from personal experience I'd do a skunk as I had no trouble with one in a 10. I've had peppermints and they're boring comparatively.
Again, I'm not necessarily disagreeing. I only see it as an issue because it seemed as though he wanted to keep as many fish as possible. When swimming away, the fish wind up in other fishes territory.
I just see peppermint shrimp as an alternative due to their smaller size and lack of interaction with the fish.
That being said I like cleaner shrimp better as well.

Edit: I keep dart frogs as well.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think im going to go with the skunk shrimp not only for their apperance but they seem to be very interesting and i dont think there would be a problem with a clownfish and a firefish since they are both very peacefull and not much to worry about territory since the firefish is usually shy i think its okay with any of the shrimp and can i add another fish to the tank since it is modified its not 10'gallons im using but the actual 14 with the exception of the rock volume

Tags
bio, biocube, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com