Biocube 14 gallon questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my LFS has a biocube 14 gallon on sale for $150 ( normally $200) and I thought about getting it to start up a mini reef, since I wont be able to get 48" fixture for my 55 gallon until at least next year. ( enless I find a super deal). I got some xmas-money from work ( enough to cover the 14 gal) so I thought I'd get peoples opinions on it.

How well does it run by itself? From what I've heard its a plug and play sort of system. Does it usually work well or needs additional items put in or tinkering with?

I was told that I could probably put some zooas and mushrooms in it. What else if anything could be put under this light?

Any input would be great!

It is a great system and of course is plug and play. Just toss the bioballs and throw in some LR rubble. I'm keeping zoas mushies, a hammer coral and some encrusting gorgonian in my tank. with a couple LPS's up near the top of the tank and everything looks great. Bought a clam yesterday and it is also doing fantastic.

Biocube 14g is a pretty godd investment but thats just my .02

I had one but took it down because of time limitations. I ran mine out of the box with a few mods. I added a maxi jet 1200 pump for circulation, trimmed the baffle between the first and second chamber and added live rock to the second chamber.

Back
Top Bottom