Biocube 29 water pump filter help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have any suggestions on the filter that goes on the water pump? Looks like I can put any sponge but any suggestions?

I believe so. It goes right ahead of where the water is pulled in the pump.

I believe so. It goes right ahead of where the water is pulled in the pump.

I tossed mine from day 1. Never had any issues. If your going to run something like the inTank fuge then I'd recommend adding at least some poly floss to help catch any debris from your macro algae, if your not running macro or anything then don't worry and just toss it. You need to clean it often and it becomes a nitrAte breeding ground.

My tank is a year old soon and doing great without it. Chamber 2 has the inTank media rack and some live rock rubble.

Just to add I do have a upgraded pump, the maxi jet 1200.

Ok. I have a little something that could go over it. I might test it out first before I fill it up. I assumed the first filter would catch most things. I am going to do live rock in the 2nd chamber. I have the stock filter in the first right now. Any filter suggestions for the first chamber?

Ok. I have a little something that could go over it. I might test it out first before I fill it up. I assumed the first filter would catch most things. I am going to do live rock in the 2nd chamber. I have the stock filter in the first right now. Any filter suggestions for the first chamber?

You can put your heater there and a bag of chemi pure elite. Have you thought about mods?

Here's a nice video to get your motor running.

http://youtu.be/BWsOVpA3FJQ

Here's my tank

http://youtu.be/Q5rvPy396ho

What are plans with it? Stock and coral?

Might use the stock filter for a few then upgrade. Think I would be able to stick the heater still in the 1st. I just have a few 50wt filters so I think it should be ok there. Right now just doing some fish. I would like to do some coral though but this will be my first tank so don't want to get overloaded! You put the chemi pure right over the inlet?

Might use the stock filter for a few then upgrade. Think I would be able to stick the heater still in the 1st. I just have a few 50wt filters so I think it should be ok there. Right now just doing some fish. I would like to do some coral though but this will be my first tank so don't want to get overloaded! You put the chemi pure right over the inlet?

I just drop the the chemi pure elite into chamber 1 it sits pretty much in the middle being held up by the heater. I also have a bag in chamber 2 with the live rock rubble. The inTank media basket holds, top poly floss middle purigen and bottom phosguard. Chamber 3 just has the pump. I also run a Vortech MP10.

Start off slow and don't rush anything. Take your time. It's a awesome hobby! This is also my first saltwater tank but went right in and went for broke. So far so good. I'd love to follow along and see your tank progress.

That sounds good. You have a really nice looking tank! The corals are a little scary. Don't want to get too deep money wise. Looks that that is pretty inexpensive stuff. I would guess you got that online??

Back
Top Bottom