Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

BioCube 29g lighting. Please help.

Ok I bought a used biocube from a friend locally and it's in almost perfect condition except the lights. It seems the fans and the moonlights aren't working. I think it's the transformer on the inside because it's all rusty. What should I do????

Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Anyone? Please. Im new to the biocube and would really appreciate the help of someone who has one.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can upgrade the lights and just buy a hang on metal halide pendant, or replace the entire top of the biocube.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hi there. I have the 29g cube myself. I believe the fans can be easily swapped out....here are some links for you

NEW Ultimate Biocube 29 Nano Cube 28 fan upgrade kit | eBay

Oceanic Biocube 29 Aquarium Light Cooling Fan Nano | eBay

BC29 Replacement LED

Hope that helps!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh and believe it or not the moonlighting isn't all that great, I don't even have mine hooked up. lol

The main lights work though right?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Oh and believe it or not the moonlighting isn't all that great, I don't even have mine hooked up. lol

The main lights work though right?
Yeah the main lights work. My step dad thinks it's the "transformer" on the inside because it is all rusty and isn't connected to the main lights so it makes sense. I just can't find it anywhere online. And I don't want to go buy new fans if they aren't broken ya know?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The moonlights have a separate cord, could that transformer be shot? You can get a replacement for that online as well for like $16.

I'd let it roll as is though, if you must have the moonlights I'd get address that in the future. You can also take apart the top part underneath and see if the connections for the fans are ok, some people even use computer cooling fans to save a few bucks.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
The moonlights have a separate cord, could that transformer be shot? You can get a replacement for that online as well for like $16.

I'd let it roll as is though, if you must have the moonlights I'd get address that in the future. You can also take apart the top part underneath and see if the connections for the fans are ok, some people even use computer cooling fans to save a few bucks.
Yeah. We took apart the top and only the fixtures (the moonlights and fans) that are connected to the wire board on the inside aren't working so...that's where I'm confused. Is it the fans and the moonlights or the rusty transformer on the inside?

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, cube, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com