Biocube problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparty48

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Great news, I got a bio-cube for Christmas and just filled it up. The Bio-Ball chamber is SWAMPED and the water is over the MAX line in chamber 4. I really need help, if it matters, the water level is about 1 cm. too low. :thanks: in advance.

Great news, I got a bio-cube for Christmas and just filled it up. The Bio-Ball chamber is SWAMPED and the water is over the MAX line in chamber 4. I really need help, if it matters, the water level is about 1 cm. too low. :thanks: in advance.

You can toss those bio balls out and use live rock rubble. And don't worry about the water line. Just make sure it's above but after that it really doesn't matter *UNLESS* running a skimmer in chamber 2.

Convict, I bought all the upgrades for the filtration in video, in chamber 2, does macro have to go in there? Or can I put something else? Rocks alone? Anything else?

You bought the media rack and fuge? If so you don't need to use macro if you don't wanna. You can put live rock rubble and that will work fine.

If you don't use the macro you can take the sponge between chamber 2&3 out. It's useless. If your going to use macro use the sponge.

Make sure at every water change you clean that sponge in tank water. I don't use macro and haven't had the sponge in place for a year no issues.

You bought the media rack and fuge? If so you don't need to use macro if you don't wanna. You can put live rock rubble and that will work fine.

If you don't use the macro you can take the sponge between chamber 2&3 out. It's useless. If your going to use macro use the sponge.

Make sure at every water change you clean that sponge in tank water. I don't use macro and haven't had the sponge in place for a year no issues.

Perfect yeah bought everything there, waiting on my LED to show up Monday, start my 29g up. I appreciate your help and info. I was thinking of putting a skimmer in chamber 1 to be safe as well.

Back
Top Bottom