Black or Blue background. Which is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know this sounds like a simple fix, but I have no idea which color background to get. I really like the black because it makes everything stand out, but the blue gives it a more tropical feel. Any reason why I should pick 1 over the other?

It's all completely personal preference. Look at other tanks and just figure out which one you like better. That's all.

Do blue. More of an "aqua" color IMO.

Kurt, I could still see my back glass after years. Turbos and astrea snails lived on it.

I have done blue and black and a couple different colors of blue. I like them all for different reasons. As the others have said it is a personal preference.

You could just let coraline algae cover the whole thing. A much better option than blue, or black, in my opinion ;)

I would still suggest putting something on the back of the tank awaiting the coraline to grow, that is unless you like the look of a clear tank.

If I let the coraline grow on the back over time, would that be beneficial at all to the tank?

Coraline is going to grow in the tank eventually. It is however going to be another thing that consumes calcium in your system.

I had blue at first and it was overpowering! (IMO) I flipped it to black and I like it much better, you notice everything in the tank more....not the wall. Now my coraline is starting to take off so I like that!

here one of each of mine, they are both FW but??? I'm kinda partial to the black??

img_1183833_0_6bb642dab037290f80f46cd429125c11.jpg

img_1183833_1_c00a83cc5387ec952483121558e367cf.jpg

I have noticed that fish corals and plants stand out much better against a black background rather than blue. Blue does make for a nice "infinity" look but that's about it.

Still boils down to personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom