Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Black Tuesdays

I have a 29 gallon reef that's been up for about 10 weeks. After about 4 weeks things had cycled and nitrites were down. I added two yellow tailed damsels. A few weeks later I added a bunch of hermits, snails, a brittle sea star and two serpent sea stars. About four weeks after adding the damsels I added two false percs from the local pet store. Five days, a Tuesday, after adding the percs I woke up to one dead. I did a 30% change, and the next Tuesday I fed them in the morning. When I got home from work, the other clown and the two damsels were looking horrible. The clown looked as though it had been sprinkled with salt. I threw him and the damsel I could catch in a quarantine and treated them for ich with a med from local fish store. They looked better. The next Tuesday, I had a dead clown at noon, and the damsel that I couldn't catch floated to the top of the 29 gallon tank. The damsel is back in the big tank since I figured whatever is in the big one killed the clown in the quarantine so it's both places. figured he'd be better off in the more stable larger aquarium. through all of this the specific gravity has been 1.021, the pH 8.2, the ammonia and nitrites 0 and the nitrates-10. Is this just ich? If so why the weekly killing?
cthie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com