Blackouts Bad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
well we were out for a good 4-6 hours where i live and nothing real major like a fish death or anything but my clownfish have lost a little colour and one of them has popeye.

any suggestions on either returning their colour or fixing the popeye?

Sorry, I have no advice for you. Just so you dont feel so bad, my power was out for 13 hours 8O I have no idea what i have lost yet. Wont be able to tell till i get home from work.

Pacu Man said:
any suggestions on either returning their colour or fixing the popeye?
The color will return on it's own. It is a response to the lack of light and possible stress. Not much to worry about there, just make sure the water is well aerated and the ph is fine. Check the other parameters to be sure...

The popeye could be from fish aggression or there may be elevated DOC's in the tank. In milder cases it can be cleared up with a few simple 10% water changes. It is best not to disturb the fish at this point. Make sure there are places where the fish can get out of the light as the bright tank lights can irritate it further..

Do you have a >>QT<< ready incase it is needed?

Cheers
Steve

well i do have an empty tank, but i'll try the water changes after a bit they seem really shocked right now

I'll second steve's call for testing the water. make sure you didn't get a spike for some odd reason. If your water levels are off, I would not wait to do a water change. simply draining a few gallons and replacing with new SW won't stress your fish and if your changing because of poor water quality it will likely help them feel better.

Back
Top Bottom