Bleached Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlro

Aquarium Advice Activist
This may be a really dumb question but is it possible to add bleached coral you find on the beach to your tank? I have some really cool formations I'd love to add...

Yes, it is. I would bleach it first and let it air dry until the smell of bleach is gone. That will prevent any leftover dead tissue from causing issues or bringing in any unwanted hitchhikers. Dead coral skeletons are what live rock is afterall. :)

When you say bleached you are talking about a live coral that is just faded or a dead coral skeleton?

24 hours later and no deaths crazy blooms :). Everyone is exploring them too.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 69
Sorry to get off topic, but how are your seahorses doing?
I heard they don't do well with other fish Inge tank

I have had some problems with fish before. My first fish was a yellow tail damsel and that thing would not let anything eat. Had to trade it in. It was particularly aggressive towards the seahorse. It was too small to do any physical damage but the constrant harrassment must have been very stressful. I wouldnt recommend any kind of damsel. My clown and copperband are pretty chill though. The only realy danger from these two would be food competition.

Back
Top Bottom