Bleaching Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

videodanee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently went to my local pet store and was inquiring about methods of cleaning my live rock. During our discussion the brought up bleaching it. I wonder what the best process would be for doing this. My rock is currently soaking in a foam cooler with about 2 capfuls of bleach. It is whitening, but I was wondering how I should go about prepping it before I re-introduce the rock back into my saltwater aquarium. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you are setting up your tank, with no inhabitants, you could have used the LR to help cycle your tank. I am not sure what you would do about the bleach. Why are you "cleaning" your LR?

i know i have now killed off all of the beneficial factors of my live rock. I was unhappy with the way my tank was progressing so I broke it down completley and wanted to start over again. That is why I bleachend my rock. What steps should i take to re-introduce the rock back into my tank. I.E.-- what should I do to make sure i do not introduce any bleach into my system.

I would rinse it in a solution of chlor out (or similar product), Then leave it out in the sun for a few days.

Mrs Hara is right. If you dont let it dry out you`ll be in for a train wreck.

Back
Top Bottom