Blonde Naso & Lt tang compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello all!! i have had a Lieutenant tang (Acanthurus tennenti) for over a year now and hes doing absolutely amazing! i REALLY like to add a Blonde Naso as well. i understand that adding tangs fromt he same family is generally frowned upon due to aggression, and i always thought that the Naso tang was from the Acanthurus family, but apparently its not. LA has him listed as Naso elegans. so my question is if i get a Blonde Naso, will there be the incessant fighting betweent he two? or should they coexist with relative ease??

and yes i understand that both of these tangs are rated for 180g ;) i have a 72" 125 if it helps to forecast the possibiliy of aggression issues.

Do you have a lot of Live Rock? Nasos get huge and I am speaking from my observation of them in the ocean...not just by the book. I probably wouldn't do it but you can give a try with a possibility of re homing the Naso if things don't work out.

I'm in agrreeance with marinaclown. Nasos get massive, I wouldn't even put one in a 180. They're from separate genus' though so it may work if you attempted it but I probably wouldnt

Back
Top Bottom