Blonde Naso Tang feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sully08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a 5" BNT in my 220g for about 5 days, 4 blue chromis and a coral beauty are with him. He seems to be doing great, lots of swimming, lots of grazing on live rock and he picks at Nori sheets that I put in the tank. He has no interest in eating meaty foods like brine shimp, Mysis. Will he survive on what he's eating now? Will it take some time before he starts to eat meaty stuff. Any other foods I could try?

Tangs are mostly herbivores so as long as it's eating the nori sheets, I wouldn't worry about it. If it would want to eat the mysid or brine shrimp, it would do it.

Tangs are mostly herbivores so as long as it's eating the nori sheets, I wouldn't worry about it. If it would want to eat the mysid or brine shrimp, it would do it.
This is true,but they do need some meaty foods in their diet..I would try some squid,scallops ,table shrimp and krill..Plus its only been 5 days ,,He's doing good just by eating some nori and picking at rocks..Give him time

Back
Top Bottom