blue & red legged horseshoe crab kits via mail order?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rayshaw2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I am new to the forum, and to the saltwater aquarium world. I have a 29 gal. saltwater fish only tank that has been up and running for about 5 weeks or so. The system has just completed its first cycle, and all of the levels are where they should be. There are 2 damsels in the tank - both have been in fo about 3 weeks.

The aquarium person at the pet store suggested adding a bunch of blue and red legged horseshoe crabs, and a larger Emerald Green crab. She said they would help eat algae and such from the bottom and sides of the tank. She explained that a mail order company provides complete kits, with a selection of crabs that are suited for different size tanks. She also said that ordering the kit is cheaper than buying the individual crabs in the store.

Does anyone have any experience with such mail order kits Where can I go online to check them out? And, any idea of how many of each variety I should have for a 29 gal. fish only tank?

This looks like a great forum for beginners like me. I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Ray Shaw

thanks Kevin

Thanks for the advice, Kevin. Yes - I was mistaken. She suggested HERMIT crabs. Now you know I am truly a novice!

Ray

Back
Top Bottom