blue dot puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get a blue dot puffer is there any chance i can have shrimp or crabs and snails or will he eat them for sure i really like him but i like shrimp 2 well let me know please thanks Jester

I think he will pretty much eat anything he can. I have one that's very small in my Q tank, I'll see what he is able to eat when I put my fish back in the main tank w/ my crabs/snails etc.

cool let me know what happens and thanks a really want one but i like crabs snails and shrimp so i dont want him eatting them the guy at the fish store said he wont if you feed him right well anyways let me know please

it doesnt matter how well you feed a puffer there like a trigger fish and will take pleasure in killing all the snails,crabs and hermits you put in there.

that sucks so how do you clean a tank with puffers and triggers in them

i clean the algae with a algae scrubber and a razor blade (watch your hands, my trigger bit me the other day) and when i fed them i make sure too get every piece of uneaten food as possible, i do put hermit crabs into my tank, just the blue leged hermit cause there cheap and the clean up stuff until they get picked off, iv noticed that they come out at night when the trigger is in his cave and they hide in the rock work during the day.

ya i guess my girlfriend already told me no way i cant feed crabs to my fish lol she is a tree hugger lol

I have a bursa trigger in my tank with crabs, shrimp and snails. I searched until I found a very small one. He only eats what I feed him for now. I haven't had any problems, but I will let you know if I do have any.

Back
Top Bottom