Blue dragon sea slug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've seen pictures all over the web about this blue dragon sea slug does anyone know anything bout these

What would you like to know? They are a nudibranch and I am pretty sure they cannot be kept in an aquarium :) not very helpful I know but they are pretty incredible creatures...

These invertebrates can't be kept in captivity. They feed on portugese man o war and other venomous cnidarians so that makes feeding difficult. They are venous too so that is another major problem

Wooooow that's really cool and I just wanna know anything about them

image-1590623362.jpg

I asked my LFS about them once. His response was.. Looks like some sort of nudibranch that would be extremely difficult to not only get, but to keep alive due to an incredibly particular diet.

They hold the poison in the little spines. They are actually quite dangerous to hold. Very beautiful creatures though!

I would totally get them if I could they're insanely beautiful when I first saw it I was like it's part of a necklace but then I did some research on them but nothing said that they were venomous

I would totally get them if I could they're insanely beautiful when I first saw it I was like it's part of a necklace but then I did some research on them but nothing said that they were venomous

Haha! Yes! They are very venomous! They can be found off the coast of Australia and Africa I believe.

Back
Top Bottom