blue green chromis school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Before I trun my FOWLR into a reef tank I want to add some blue green chromis. I just can't decide on 3 or 5. I have a 75-gallon with about 70lbs of live rock and 15lbs of live sand. I have a wet/dry filter with a protein skimmer built into it. I removed all of the glass cyliders and half of the bio balls and replaced all of that with chemi pure and live rock rubble. My water parmameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, ph 8.3, nitrate 20. (im working on bringing that 20ppm down before I start to add any coral, thats why I removed the sintered glass and 1/2 bio balls. And it has come down from 30ppm with pwc, so far.)
Live stock:
1-blue hippo tang 3"
2-ocellaris 1" each
1-sgt. major damsel 2"
1-green mandarin 2"(I have been buying "aquapods", live copepods)
2-skunk cleaner shrimp
2-scarlet hermits
various snails.
Well its Saturday morning and I believe I will be on a mission to find some blue green chromis later on tonight. So what do you think 3 or 5? Of course I'm looking to get the schooling affect in my tank.
In a few months after I have added a couple corals I would also like to take my chances with a flame angel to finish off my stocking, if my bio load can sustain it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

If your tank is currently processing NO3 efficently, then I would think 5 would be okay. They are great little fish to watch school and the more you have the more entertaining it is to watch.

I also want to get 5 of them or so when i finally get my setup ready :) I love those fish.

Back
Top Bottom