Blue-Green Cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ndmartin0120

Aquarium Advice Regular
I believe what I have is cyano and was wondering what the best way to get rid of it is. Any help is much appreciated thanks....

Ndmartin0120 said:
I believe what I have is cyano and was wondering what the best way to get rid of it is. Any help is much appreciated thanks....

Do you have pics?

Treat it like any other cyano outbread. Reduce lighting, limit nutrients, physically remove with airline tubing, and do a 20% water change after syphoning. Do this daily and the issue will go away. Even afterwards, continue to limit feeding as much as possible.

Sniperhank said:
Treat it like any other cyano outbread. Reduce lighting, limit nutrients, physically remove with airline tubing, and do a 20% water change after syphoning. Do this daily and the issue will go away. Even afterwards, continue to limit feeding as much as possible.

Ok will do thanks...I only feed every other day now and only a small amount because I only have two fish right now. It seems every time I get rid of one type of algae outbreak I get another one. My tank is only 5 months old, will it eventually level out ir will I always have to deal with outbreaks?

Back
Top Bottom