Blue Hippo/ cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel84

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I added a blue hippo tang, diamond watchman goby and a skunk cleaner shrimp. So everything acclimated great, everything is doing great but I found the neediest tang around. She will not leave the cleaner shrimp alone. She will find him and lay around him, if he goes to hide, she will find him and try to push him out to clean her more. I'm worried about her stressing him out, should I have a couple cleaners? It is a 75g set up for reef

That sounds like a cool pair actually. Most people would like the cleaner shrimp to do it's job but they seem reluctant. I like cleaner shrimp in groups of 2 or 3 anyway. They just seem more social then. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add another. I wouldn't worry though.

Haven't seen my clowns go near the shrimp yet for cleaning. Just worried that the hippo will stress it out.... leave it to me to find the OCD tang that constantly wants cleaned And attention!

Most of the time clowns will not go to a cleaner shrimp. Im not sure if they even recognize him as a cleaner. Your smaller fish like that normally won't go to a cleaner. Atleast through my experiences anyways.

Back
Top Bottom