Blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the time i lost hime i had 4 fish in a 110, right now i have 2 clowns about 2-3 inches each 1 pj cardinal about 2-3 inches 1 fox face about 4-5 inches 1 hippo about 2-3 inches and 1 naso about 4-5 inches in a 110

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

At the time i lost hime i had 4 fish in a 110, right now i have 2 clowns about 2-3 inches each 1 pj cardinal about 2-3 inches 1 fox face about 4-5 inches 1 hippo about 2-3 inches and 1 naso about 4-5 inches in a 110

Where do your nitrates sit?

The only thing I can really say is that the tank you have is too small for those particular tangs. All tangs have trouble with it but blue tangs in particular are ich magnets. They really require a 180g tank or larger.

I wouldnt be able to say exact since i use API for those and only use salifert for alkalinty.

Well then its coming up 0 as far as i can seeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417479965.233958.jpg

Well i think im done adding fish i just wanna add coral for now and then in a year or so i wanna get a 300+ tank

Oh ya and also a yellow tang thats about 3-4 inches. There's actually 1 more fish id love to add and its the moorish idol. Any suggestions or advice?

Oh ya and also a yellow tang thats about 3-4 inches. There's actually 1 more fish id love to add and its the moorish idol. Any suggestions or advice?

Moors Idols shouldn't be kept. They almost always die. There is however a butterfly fish that looks a lot like them. I would go with that instead.

Ive seen those around but they dont look as amazing as the idols in my opinion. Why are they so hard to keep?

What if you kept 2? Ever heard of someone keeping one? Or have you ever seen one other then the lfs

What if you kept 2? Ever heard of someone keeping one? Or have you ever seen one other then the lfs

They tend to waste away even when eating. Not a fish is even think about attempting unless I had a huge tank (3-400 gallons+) that was a couple years old with very mature live rock that had a huge diversity of life on it. They need to eat sponge. Just one of those fish you shouldn't buy.

Guys idk if im blind or what but it seems that the ich has magically disappeared

Also whats the name of the fish that looks like the moorish idol?

But i hear that you shouldnt put them in reefs?

Whats the difference? They look the same?

Back
Top Bottom