Blue Hippo Tangs in a 90G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I assume these shrimps are reef safe and so forth? What do they eat?

So if you have a newer less established tank they will be ok without feeding them or what?

This is the only forum where a 90g is not good enough for 1 SMALL tang......but yet he wants to get "the shrimp that cleans nemo" "so I guess I have to know the name" and you guys tell him yeah get him :-/
I guess there's no "SHRIMP POLICE"

Moving a fish is more stressful to move after a year or two...forget it ..........w/e
Just study up on these fish books Internet and sometimes forums will help. Good luck buddy....

Once your tank gets established check out the Mandarin...awesome fish...but like I said make sure your tank is established or u will starve the fish.

Kempker1498 said:
Once your tank gets established check out the Mandarin...awesome fish...but like I said make sure your tank is established or u will starve the fish.

That's a really cool fish! Love it.

Yep, it has to be established with live rock. The Mandarin also needs TONS of Copepods, so you will need to have a population reproducing over a few months to have a good culture. And I agree, the Mandarin is a very cool fish! I hope to get one someday!

This is the only forum where a 90g is not good enough for 1 SMALL tang......but yet he wants to get "the shrimp that cleans nemo" "so I guess I have to know the name" and you guys tell him yeah get him :-/
I guess there's no "SHRIMP POLICE"

Moving a fish is more stressful to move after a year or two...forget it ..........w/e
Just study up on these fish books Internet and sometimes forums will help. Good luck buddy....
you can most def house a small tang in a 90, people do it all the time, he was questioning if a B.H.T could be housed in his 90, and yeah technically speaking it could, but only if you want it dying a pre-mature death and very possibly infecting other fish due to its stress-induced sickness... theres no reason a kole tang or yellow tang couldnt be housed in a 90. And theres really no shrimp police because other than decent parameters and no copper, they have next to no requirements, unlike tangs.. which IMO have moderate requirements..

I went and got 2 peppermint shrimp. Wanted some firefish too but nobody has any

:) here is a pic. The one in the cave of the white rock is one of the pepermints.

Attachments

• image-2493662449.jpg
    image-2493662449.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 70
Haha, I have 5 shrimp now... I don't know the names of those red ones, I also have one with really long feelers that is striped. I'll email my guy and ask him.. Got so excited I forgot haha

Bloomk said:
Haha, I have 5 shrimp now... I don't know the names of those red ones, I also have one with really long feelers that is striped. I'll email my guy and ask him.. Got so excited I forgot haha

A Cleaner Shrimp?

More pictures of the tank :)

Attachments

• image-3262300604.jpg
    image-3262300604.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-738421740.jpg
    image-738421740.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3547582630.jpg
    image-3547582630.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 84
This is the one im talking about. He's cool. Loooong tentacles

Attachments

• image-2368628621.jpg
    image-2368628621.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 113
Bloomk said:
This is the one im talking about. He's cool. Loooong tentacles

Cool tank! That is a Coral Banded Shrimp. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Coral Bandeds kill other shrimp :(.

I was told they are aggressive if there is more than one.

Back
Top Bottom