Blue Legged Crab Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a blue legged crab along with one reg-legged and a snail. I noticed the blue legged switched shells after I got him in the tank. Now I can't find him anywhere, Is it possible he got eaten? All I have in the tank is a couple damsels and the crabs and one snail....hmmm. Missing in action

yeah I have only about 3 lbs in there right now to start with. There is some coral rock in there too for decoration. I tried looking under the rock, not there. Oh yeah and my snail is in the upper corner of the glass and wont move.

it might just be hiding, i thought i had 1 hermit crab left , but last night i shined a flash light in the and spotted 4 and some type of crab, try lookingv after the lights have gone out for a while.

yeah i figure hes just hiding, i have no predators in the tank. I was amazed to find out they switch shells, never had hermits in my tank before. Is this normal behavior for them, what if I didnt have crushed coral with no other shells?

My blue legs cruise around the tank all hours of the day but when I did first get them they were traditionally night owls of the tank. HTH 0X

Back
Top Bottom