Blue Linkia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are these as hard as they sound to keep? Anyone keeping one successfully? Did you ever have one? And if so what happened to it?

Thanks!

Interested as well. Would love to have one for the color but heard survival rate was abysmal at best. If anyone has differing info please chime in.

Color is what I'm interested in as well (way too much yellow/brown/maroon in my tank right now. In desparate need of blues, greens...)

I had a blue linkia for about 3 years with no problem, then it just died suddenly. I did not do anything more than feed the fish and he seemed to get plenty of food from the bottom.

may try a purple linkia or a red fromia star. They may give you the color you are looking for

I have had a blue for about 5 months(not too long). YES, they are extremely delicate-more so than SPS corals and anemones IME. I had a slight ca issue that I corrected a few days after adding the star, and the next day the star had gaping wounds on two of the legs. I was sure it was a goner, but it has actually healed itself completely. Watch ca/alk, SG, and ph swings, it doesn't take much IME. The hardest part is finding one that doesn't have issues even before you buy it, look at them VERY closley before purchasing. They are beautiful...HTH

Back
Top Bottom