Blue spotted jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Water?

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 150gal. tank with about 10gal. of sand. No kidding 5"to 6" sandbed. It's been up and running great for about 2 months now. I have alot of my large main rocks supported on crates. I have, snails, hermit crabs, sandsifting starfish, peppermint shimp, emerald crabs, a few corals, 2 perculas, and 5 chromis. I have been told this is a good time to add my blue spotted jawfish. I would like to have 2. :confused: In a tank this size is that OK, and should they be put in at the same time? Do I need anything else in my tank? I would like any words of wisdom. I'm suppose to get them tomarrow, but I can wait if I need to.:(

You should add them at the same time. Hopefully they will pair up and not fight. If not you have a large tank so maybe they will just stake out their own territories and stay out of each others way. Others may have more experience with them though. Thats just general practice for adding fish.

A bullet goby would be a good sifter. I have one and that`s all they do. Great sifter. In a tank that size you should be OK with two jawfish. Here is a pic of my bullet goby.

bulletgoby.jpg

Back
Top Bottom