blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello is it alright to keep a blue tang in a 72 gallon tank?:$

Lfs just email me back and they said it would be fine because of the bow

LFS is trying to make a sale. Tang needs at least 125 gallon tank. Read the link I posted.

Thxs I'm probley going to keep one untill it outgrows then give it back to the fs for a new one

thats the reason alot of people put tangs in slammer tanks, when they are small but they will probably quickly outgrow the tank. onw foot long is a very large fish and mostlikley will be 6" high

I have a regal blue tang who is now 6 inches in my 120 gallon and I almost want to get him a 250 gallon. Mine is a 60 inch long tank, i would prefer to have him in a 72 inch, maybe i time. He is fine for now, more than happy, but eventually.

In a 76 gallon you can get a very small yellow tang. But eventually he will outgrow it.

lol its so true, if 9 our of 10 people tell you no, but one person says yes and you go ahead with it is just foolishness to me :p

lol agreed

i want one for my 26 gallon, even if its just a small one in one, but i know it will quickly outgrow it and i'd be upset to part way with it. dori's are such nice looking fish :(

mr_X said:
lol..just when you think you've heard it all...

why did they say the bow shape would make a difference?

Not sure why they think the bow makes difference

i guess you are aware that they didn't tell you the truth. the shape of the front pane doesn't have anything to do with whether a fish will be ok in it or not. in some cases, or i might even say MANY cases, the LFS will say whatever they can in order to make their rent.
if you were to purchase that fish at about 1.5"-2", you would have to find a home for it before it reached 4". these fish don't do well physically, in confined quarters.
once your tank is established, and all of your rock and livestock, and maybe corals are growing and they look good, it's a major traumatic situation for the inhabitants, and you, to have to catch and remove a fish.
you are better off finding a fish that is suitable for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom