bought first fish yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
We made the plunge and bought 4 fish.
2 true percula clown fish
1 6 line wrasse
1 citron goby

I was a bit worried about the wrasse while acclimating because he kept laying on his side and his tail was turning. Right now he looks better but I hardly ever see him.
Here are a few questions:

1) The cleaner shrimp keep chasing the clowns, is this normal?
2) How should I feed the goby and wrasse since I hardly ever see them?
3) We have a glass top but we always have it turned up so air will circulate will any of these fish try to jump out?

Right now this is all the questions I have. Please let me know if you have any advice.

1) The cleaner shrimp keep chasing the clowns, is this normal?
Yes...that is what cleaners do
2) How should I feed the goby and wrasse since I hardly ever see them?
The wrasse will settle in just fine and begin feeding. The goby may be a bit more of a challenge. They are shy fish and often times are beat out for food by the other more competative fish. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it eats at feeding time.
3) We have a glass top but we always have it turned up so air will circulate will any of these fish try to jump out?
I am not a fan glass tops for various reasons, however, the wrasse is known to be a jumper. Another option is getting some egg create from a home improvement store (lighting depart) and cutting it to fit on the tank.

Watch your ammonia readings, that was alot of fish to add at one time.

I am a little anal about the testing. I have been testing twice a week. The dealer said 4 or less fish. He said I would be okay with four because of the 100lbs of lr I have. But I will be testing more often.

If you have 100 lbs of live rock, and a large enough tnak for that much.. And the tank had cycled, I doubt those 4 fish would run much risk of making a problem in there.

Back
Top Bottom