Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-30-2003, 05:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Originally Posted by ReefLady
Just FYI (no, I'm not going to attempt to start a salt debate here ), but that S-15 report was funded and publicized by Aquacraft - the company that produces and markets the Bio Sea and Marine Environment salts - in other words, a direct commerical competitor of Instant Ocean.

So, just take it with a grain of salt.

I truely had no idea when I posted that! It was just the only breakdown on Instant Ocean I was able to locate. I love Instant Ocean and its what I use too with no problems I might add. I mearly meant it to be a referance point for the person who was inquiring.

Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly. - Arnold Edinborough
clownin around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
I do use a Whisper with no cartrigde to break the surface. You don't think that's helping?

Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:23 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
I do use a Whisper with no cartrigde to break the surface. You don't think that's helping?
Possibly not enough, or it simply an example of elevated levels of CO2 in the room, or lees than O2 saturation as the case maybe. Try opening a window in the room, and look at the surface from the bottom up, you should be able to see the extent of the customary oil slick of DOCs on the surface as well as the extent of the surface coverage.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, salt water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com