Brand Spanky New Coral Beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so. i came home tonight with my newest edition to the cube. a coral beauty. my question to you guys..what measures can i take to assure it will not nip at my corals?. Algae strips? Can you use algae wafers in saltwater? i also feed two times a day. ( two smaller meals of course) of flake and mysis every two days. any suggestions?

29 biocube
2 clowns
1 fire fish
1 coral beauty
i plan on a lawnmower blenny and a 6 line wrasse last!

Attachments

• 2013-11-13 15.09.46.jpg
    2013-11-13 15.09.46.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 2013-11-14 18.32.05.jpg
    2013-11-14 18.32.05.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 151
You can't, if it decides it is gonna eat coral, it will eat coral. Also, that tank is to small for that fish in the long run, watch out for aggression issues.

You can't, if it decides it is gonna eat coral, it will eat coral. Also, that tank is to small for that fish in the long run, watch out for aggression issues.

ok i'll keep an eye on him. and yes i know its controversal what size tank they need..half say 30 half say 50. but there is plenty of rockwork for him to make a home

Its not so much about how much rock is in there...the can be territorial and in a small tank, there will be trouble if it decides that the whole tank is its territory.

Key is to keep it well fed if it's not used to eating corals. Try seaweed for sure. It might like it.
Consider a tailspot blenny and a possum wrasse for your cube instead of lawnmower and 6 line. Both are cool fish and are better long term in your tank.

I said this on the other thread but decided to let the op have their thread back. I have had my coral beauty in my 29 for a year. I have seen no aggression towards my clowns or midas blenny. I think I lost my read head fairy wrasse due to my coral beauty. I also discovered after buying the wrasse that it should have been in a bigger tank. They both slept in the same place in the rock and I believe that was the issue. By that I mean the wrasse slept there up until I added the coral beauty. http://www.fishdb.com/db/orca/results.php?a1=86&b2=34 This website is pretty good for compatibility IMO and it says the 6 line is good. I think it will depend on the amount of rock more than anything.

I said this on the other thread but decided to let the op have their thread back. I have had my coral beauty in my 29 for a year. I have seen no aggression towards my clowns or midas blenny. I think I lost my read head fairy wrasse due to my coral beauty. I also discovered after buying the wrasse that it should have been in a bigger tank. They both slept in the same place in the rock and I believe that was the issue. By that I mean the wrasse slept there up until I added the coral beauty. http://www.fishdb.com/db/orca/results.php?a1=86&b2=34 This website is pretty good for compatibility IMO and it says the 6 line is good. I think it will depend on the amount of rock more than anything.

Thanks! Ill see in time! Lol.ill probly add a 6 line in a few weeks I added my blenny today..alot sooner than I planned to as he was on sale and ibhad a 20% off coupon!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131116_231242.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131116_231242.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks! Ill see in time! Lol.ill probly add a 6 line in a few weeks I added my blenny today..alot sooner than I planned to as he was on sale and ibhad a 20% off coupon!

Gotta love blennies and their personalities!

My coral beauty has been in hiding all day..it couldn't have to do with the blenny could it?

My Coral Beauty disappeared for a whole week in my 125 Gallon tank.I thought my Yellow Tang took him out.I use to have him in a 30 gallon with my 2 Clowns and they got along great.He use to swim around the tank with them a lot.Now he hides out a lot in my 125 tank.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom